My eldest boy is a BIG Ten fan, so I've put together a costume for him. Fortunately for us, the basics of his costume are not so unusual. If you don't already own them, a trip or two to your favorite thrift shop will see you well on your way to completing the costume.
To recreate Ten's costume for yourself, you will need:
- A blue suit (ideally with rust-colored pinstripes).
- Red high top Converse.
- White or brown dress shirt.
- Rust red tie with blue pattern.
- Brown suit (ideally with blue pinstripes).
- Off-white high top Converse.
- White or medium blue dress shirt.
- Brown tie with blue pattern.
- Glasses with dark, rectangular frames.
- Psychic Paper
If you're interested in making your own version of the Tennant coat, you may find this blog helpful: Making My Tennant Coat. His posts take us through his process as he set about creating his.
Alternatively, there are dedicated eBay sellers offering their versions of the coat, should you want to give those a try:
Amazon is a good option should your local thrift shop searches fail. For example:
DIY Doctor Who Costumes for Children